My name is Yang-May Ooi and
I help people tell their unique stories so they can inspire others.
Do you want to make a memorable impact when you speak on stage or in meetings?
Phenomenal public speaking is a skill that can be learnt.
I can give you the tools to craft a talk or presentation that will keep your audience hooked. Our work together will help you exude confidence and charisma when speaking to any audience.
Do you have valuable business insights, motivational advice or a remarkable life story that can inspire others?
Writing an inspiring personal or business memoir can raise your profile and increase your influence. It is also a generous way to share your experience and wisdom with others.
I can work with you as a writing coach so you can craft a compelling business memoir or personal autobiography. Or if you prefer, I can act as a discreet writing partner or ghost, taking on the hard graft of putting together your book based on the stories you tell me in fun and invigoration interviews.
A little bit about me…
Having achieved everything I wanted to achieve as a writer, speaker and performer – and more! – I am passionate about helping others share their unique and inspiring stories.
I love seeing my clients transform from just ok presenters into confident, engaging star speakers. I love using my talent as a writer to help extraordinary people give voice to their inspiring stories through the written word.
My multimedia experience of over 20 years includes:
- internationally acclaimed novels The Flame Tree and Mindgame (Hodder & Stoughton; Monsoon Books)
- an award-nominated business book International Communications Strategy (Kogan Page)
- a five star solo theatre performance (Tristan Bates Theatre) and family memoir (Urbane Publications) Bound Feet Blues
- a TEDx talk and other public appearances incl. the Oxford Literary Festival
- public speaking training for individuals and groups
- editing, ghostwriting and group facilitation for multimedia projects in charities & non-profits
- hosting and producing podcasts (one featured on the BBC) and videoblogs
- broadcast media appearances on the BBC and on international radio and TV