SUBMISSIONS POLICY – as at 16 January 2018*
1.1 If you would like to submit an article or other content for publication on TigerSpirit.co.uk, please read this policy page first.
1.2 Submissions may be published on this site and/ or used or reproduced in any other publication, media or via any other form of dissemination (“the Works”).
2. Articles may be up to a maximimum of 800 words and must be relevant to the topic that the invitation relates to. Text submissions should be contained in an email in simple formatting so I can copy and paste it for publication. Mixed media content should be uploaded onto a hosting site arranged by you at your own cost with only the embed code sent to me for publication. The word “submission” is used here to refer to text articles, mixed media and any other content as relevant submitted by you.
Regarding style and content:
2.1 Read the articles and/ or view the mixed media content already on this site to get a sense of the tone and feel of TigerSpirit.co.uk
2.2 Generally, the focus is on creativity, purpose and taking action through practical tips, ideas and personal stories and the aim is to build a supportive community of thinkers and seekers in a spirit of inquiry and mutual respect. Please note that a key principle of TigerSpirit.co.uk is a secular and liberal outlook with a celebratory view of diversity and gender & gay equality.
2.3 I will consider creative mixed media (eg visual art, video or audio) as well as poetry and other short narrative text pieces but generally, I do not accept fiction unless by special invitation.
3. Please also provide your full name, email address and your website (if any), together with a description of who and where you are eg. Jenny Lee, 36, a freelance illustrator in York, UK. The description can be like the “About the Author” paragraph in a book – this is so that readers can get a sense of who you are and your context.
3.1 In the spirit of community, your full name and description (but not your contact details) will be attributed to your published article or content.
3.2 Anonymous submissions or those without contact details will be automatically ignored.
4. I will consider submissions and decide if an entry is suitable for TigerSpirit.co.uk. This is my personal blog and my decision is final in all matters. I may edit the article or content and/ or ask you to edit or make amendments to it for clarity, relevance and appropriateness to the theme of this site as outlined in 2 above.
5. If you submission is accepted for publication on TigerSpirit.co.uk, you will need to agree to the Contributor’s Release Notice and, if requested, to sign and return to me the pdf Contributor’s Release Form which can be found on that page.
Views expressed on this site and in the Comments sections
6. The views expressed by guest writers, content creators and other persons on this site and/ or in the Comments section of any post published on this site are entirely their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Yang-May Ooi or TigerSpirit.co.uk
How to submit your article/ content
7. You can email your article or link / embed code to your mixed media content by using the “Contact” link at the top right of this website.
*For guest articles or content submitted prior to the above Submissions Policy Date, if these changes are not what you expected, please let me know and I would be happy to take your guest article and/ or content offline.
Author: Yang-May Ooi
Yang-May Ooi is a multimedia author & TEDx speaker. Her creative projects include Bound Feet Blues (theatre), South London Voices and Creative Conversations (podcasts) and The Nowhere Land Project (photography). She also works with individuals, non-profits and small businesses to help them tell their unique stories in inspiring words and images. ¦ www.TigerSpirit.co.uk